Questions we receive from customers often
- I’m moving. What is the 1st step and what happens after that?
Call Belfor Moving to Schedule a free in-home or virtual estimate at a time that’s convenient for you. Please know roughly when you plan to move along with the addresses of the where to where. We will send you a quote.
- How much notice do you need to schedule my move?
For interstate about 3 weeks, for local about 1 week; sooner is better of course for popular dates.
- Does Belfor Moving help pack?
We can pack it all, just the breakables or supply material. Please tell us what you need!
- Is there anything you cannot move?
The house itself. Refer to our policies on plants…etc.
- Are you licensed?
Public Utilities Commission license number is 133715.
- Do I need to empty my dressers prior to moving day?
No. You don’t have to empty drawers, unless they’re spill-able, like the desk middle drawer, or captain’s bed drawers.
- How can I make sure my belongings end up in the correct room?
Label all boxes on the sides, then please tell the movers bringing in the furniture where you would like it.
- Do I get our own boxes and pack prior to the movers coming?
To save money, you can pack yourself, we can also sell you boxes and/or help you pack for a charge.
- Can you move my plants?
Only within California. We cannot move plants over state lines.
- What if something is damaged in the move?
See our liability options page.
- What are the benefits to hiring your company over doing it myself with a rental truck and some friends?
We’ve been doing this a long time, we know how to move and pack, unpack trucks. It’s time to call in the pros.
- Do I tip the movers?
This is really your choice. Gatorade and sandwiches are also good ideas.
- Do I need to be home for the movers?
Yes, but we can do a walk through, get all papers signed and you could leave.
- Why should I hire Belfor Moving over another moving company?
As a top ten booker for National Van Lines, with a perfect Better Business Bureau rating, having success since 1981, Belfor Moving is the right choice!
If you are looking for Bay Are